"Herbs for Sunburn"
Once your skin gets sunburned the skin cells need to be repaired the best bet are the following herbs:
You can make a tea out of these herbs let the tea cool and put the liquid on the affected area with a sterol cotton ball.
- Echinacea used to diminish the destruction of collagen, the protein that keeps skin elastic.
- Cucumber this can be directly placed on the affected area helps reduce swelling
- Witch Hazel a natural coolant helps calm external spasms of the skin.
- St Johns Wort a natural antiseptic
- Plantain This contains allantoin, a proven healer for skin cells
4 tablespoons of Pure Aloe Gel or Juice
3 teaspoons of Organic Coconut oil
3 drops of lavender essential oil
2 tablespoons of Calendula Oil.
1 teaspoon of distilled which hazel
Take all ingredients except witchhazell and mix together in a blender for a few short blasts once the constancy thickens stop blending and add which hazel and mix in by hand very well. store in a glass jar. dark Colored ( if possible) and keep Refrigerated.
If you would like a thicker consistency melt 1 oz. of beeswax and add it after you add witch hazel then wisk in thoroughly until it gets thicker.