The Power of Herbs for Preppers Series
“ Making Herbal Healing Salves”
What You Will Need:
- 1 ounce of pure Beeswax
- 8 ounces of herbal infused oil
- Lavender essential oil
- tea tree essential oil
- vitamin e liquid capsules ( to use as a preserver to get more of a shelf life of the salve)
- stainless or enamel pot
- potato ricer or cheese cloth for pressing the oil soaked herb(s)
- Glass jar for storage ( Small baby food jars work great)
- 2 cup pyrex measure cup (for transferring liquid salve into containers or tins)
Take 6 ounces of your herb or her combination (in total) and place in a quart size mason or glass jar.
Add a Good quality olive oil and stir very well.
Let sit for a min. of 4 weeks to achieve a good quality infusion. Some say 2 weeks (I go 4 weeks and try to make extra so I always have some ready to make a batch of salves
after the 4 weeks strain and press herbs back into the stained oil.
In a stainless steel or enamel pot add 1 1/2 cups of good quality olive oil and bring to a very low simmer once you reach the simmer point back off the heat
Add 6 ounces of your herb or her combination (in total) .
stay on low or warm for 1 hour.
After one hour take off stove and let oil cool. Once cool stain and press
- Add once ounce of pure beeswax and slowly melt it completely
- Once completely melted, add infused oil to the melted beeswax.
- You will notice it will solidify at this point just let it all remelt together as one liquid.
- Once completely a warm liquid add to pyrex measure cup and quickly pour into your containers.
- While still in liquid form break and add vitamin E liquid of one capsule and then add essential oils 2-3 drops of each per container.
- Let harden and use as needed