Top “Natural” Remedies and references
Some of the best herbs to have on hand are the following
Here is a very short list
- Willow Bark for pain management( has powerful aspirin like effects)
- Cayenne Pepper for wound management
- Lemon Balm: to help with stress, anxiety and many other central nervous system related issues.
- Dandelion: to be used as a blood purifier when a detox of toxins and neurotics are present within the stem from synthetic foods. also for vitamin supplementation’s( particularly vitamins A,K, magnesium, and manganese with trace minerals of calcium.
- Green tea for its antioxidants
- Oregano and or Oregano essential oil( diluted to 2 percent) a Powerhouse of an antibiotic
- Echinacea Great for imune system support and for an antibacterial wash
- Slippery elm bark: For nutritional supplementation(s)
- Bee Pollen For Central nervous system support as well as immune system sand adrenal gland support also considered a “SUPERFOOD”
- Spirulina: Classified a superfood, is loaded with antioxidants particularly helps reduce stress related and or that contributes to muscle fatigue. Also contains phenolic,phycocyanins, tocopherols and beta carotene. also because of its antioxidant properties it is also good for anxiety, memory, ADHD, and PMS.
- Chlorella: Goes beyond just a powerhouse of a detoxifier, It all is great for immune system support, balancing your PH,cleansing kidneys, liver, and gaul bladder and optimizes your blood pressure and eliminating mold from your body, blood purification and aid in the processing of more oxogen.
- Clove essential oil a natural anesthetic/ antiviral herb also great for oral pain Oregano essential oil( diluted to 2 percent) a Powerhouse of an antibioticPeppermint essential oil: good for digestion problems and for aiding severe pain management due to its antispasmodic properties and to will repeal bugs and spiders.
- Lavender essential oil: an antimicrobial, antibacterial herb that will repeal insects
- Lemon Essential oil: To purify your water supply. add 1-3 drops per 8 ounces of water mix thoroughly until completely blended.
- Add 2-5 drops of diluted lemon essential oil to 6 ounces of warm water to create a natural wound flush/ disinfectant.
“Important” Also having a field guide to medicinal plants is a must as well as jethro Kloss’ book “ BACK TO EDEN” which is 500 pages but small and light enough to fit in your backpack/ fanny pack with the field guide. another great book to have is Wild Edibles field guide for your region. You may want to have an essential oil reference on hand as well. a good pocket guide is “Modern Essentials”
A herbal was can be used as a disinfectant by using herbs with antiseptic, antibacterial, and or antiviral properties such as:
Cinnamon( not for sensitive skins or facial area and mist stay out of sun for 24-48 hrs)
Take 2 cups of water bring to a hard boil
Add herbs lower heat to a very low simmer and 2 tablespoons of dried herb or 4 tablespoons of fresh herbs.
Let reduce to 1/2 this should produce about around 6-8 ounces of wash. Let cool and gently wash effected area or cuts or bruises and let air dry.
Apply 3 time daily to effects areas make new batch every 2 days.