The Herbal Survivalist
“Raw Honey Cinnamon Bread”Not only can one turn a simple bread recipe into something that is uplifting and tastes really great.Here is a simple recipe from y grandmother that help us stay healthy. Good ingredients are the key to good health and a great tasting, belly filling recipe So here we go.
This is a good bread recipes that not only fills the belly but helps us stay healthy. its bold country taste also will help us take our minds off of things especially during rough times. . But above all the best remedy for “ANY “ situation no matter how severe or minute is “TRUST in God”
- 1/4 tspn. Cinnamon; a natural antiseptic
- 1 tspn. of dried thyme
- 1/2 tspn. Salt
- 1//2 tspn. Black Pepper
- 1/8 cup . Raw wildflower honey; loaded with B complex vitamins and also classified as a derivative of a Superfood “Bee Pollen”
- 21/2 cups of flour; either a fresh ground hard white grain or a spring hard red is good or you can use all purpose flour if no grain is available.
- 2 packages of yeast.
- 4 cups of milk
1. Bring milk to a low simmer while always stirring and add in honey while always keeping a low warm temperature on the milk.
2. Take off heat .
3. Add all dry ingredients, flour, yeast,salt,black pepper, cinnamon and mix well with a whisk to incorporate all dry ingredients.
4. Make a well in the center of the flour add milk a little at a time while always incorporating a bit more flour into the well until all milk is used tighten up the does with a bit more flour if needed.
5. kneed well in a stand mixer with a dough hook for 10-15 minutes. or by hand. this is very important so we get a first good rise.
let sit for 2 -3 hrs or until double in size then form your loaf and let rise again for an hr.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake on bottom shelf for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Check with a cake tester to make sure bread is baked through if it comes out wet its not do put it back in oven for 5 minutes each time until cake tester comes out dry.
You will enjoy this recipe especially on a cold or hot day the aroma from the cinnamon and honey is very uplifting and tastes great.